Grenades are a lot of fun in any FPS game. In PUBG, they’re especially useful for the very common situations where your opponent is biding his time behind a tree or a rock, perhaps healing after getting hit a couple times.
Cooking grenades in PUBG used to be as simple as clicking the left mouse button and holding, but since the September update, using grenades got a little more realistic. Let’s take a look at how it works now:
How to Cook a Grenade in PUBG (PC)
To cook grenades in PUBG on PC, you need to do the following:
- Select the Grenade by pressing “5” or “G“.
- Click and hold the Left Mouse Button to remove the pin and show the red THROW trajectory preview. Note that the grenade is NOT cooked, and you can actually stay like this for as long as you want. If you swap weapons, your character will put the pin back in and put it in the inventory.
- Cook the Grenade by pressing “R“.
- The 5-second timer has started. Release the Left Mouse Button to throw! You can time it so that it will explode exactly when it reaches the other player.
BONUS: for step 2, you can actually click the Right Mouse Button to roll the grenade (underhand throw) instead of throwing it (overhead throw). This is really effective if you’re relatively close to your opponent, say in a building to roll the grenade down the stairs.
How to Cook a Grenade in PUBG (Xbox)
To cook grenades in PUBG on the Xbox instead, you need to do the following:
- Select the Grenade by pressing Right on the D-Pad.
- Press and hold the Right Trigger to remove the pin and show the red THROW trajectory preview (OR Press and hold the Left Trigger to roll the grenade instead).
- Cook the Grenade by pressing the Left Button.
- The 5-second timer has started. Release the Right Trigger to throw (OR the Left Trigger to roll) the grenade!
- Frag Grenade: 5 seconds.
- Smoke Grenade: 5 seconds.
- Stun Grenade: 2.5 seconds.
- Molotov: N/A (explodes on impact).
Note: you can now hold a Molotov in your hand indefinitely; it won’t explode until you throw it.