Bluehole has just announced the newest update to PUBG PC 1.0 – Update #12. This is quite possibly the update to PUBG that brings forth the largest amount of changes, both in terms of tweaks and new content.
As of right now, the update is live on the test server and Bluehole says that, because of the sheer amount of changes, they’re likely to keep this update on the Test server longer, before publishing it live.
Anyway, let’s dive in and take a look at what’s new in this pithy update!
Yes, map selection is finally officially here. You won’t need any tricks, and you get a nice official interface.
New Rifle – the SLR
A new world spawn rifle that uses 7.63mm ammo and has a magazine capacity of 10 (20 extended).
New Vehicle (for Miramar) – the Mirado
The Mirado is a muscle car. It’s supposed to balance the high-resistance of the minibus, as well as the off road capabilities of the pickup truck with its sheer speed.
If you’ve ever dreamed of being in Bulleit, this is the vehicle for you. It’s Miramar-only, unfortunately, but we can’t wait to drive this, and even to try to pick out the driver with a rifle as they’re blazing down the road.
New Weapon Attachments Galore
There’s a bunch of new stuff and I’m sure this is going to increase the depth of the gameplay. Looting is now going to be even more important in this game.
Here’s the list of new PUBG weapon attachments in its entirety:
- Duckbill – A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It reduces the vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Attachable to S1897, S12K
- Light Grip – It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
- Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Thumb Grip – It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Half Grip – It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Scope 3x – This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
- Scope 6x – This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
Selectable Weapon Reticles
You can now select different reticles for your red dot, holographic and 2x sights by using the default scope zeroing keys (Page Up/Page Down). Not sure this is going to be a major feature for most people, but I guess it could help some.
Weapon Balance Chart
There are a bunch of other minor changes that I think are going to make the game feel a lot better. Other small things that stood out to me were the increase in frag grenade damage as well as the fact that level 3 helmets will only be in care packages (although there’s gonna be one in EVERY care package), meaning that people are going to hunt down those drops a lot more often, especially during mid to end game scenarios.
What do you guys think of the changes? Let me know in the comments!